what a newsletter!

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
carnut14
Body Type: don't know
Model Year: 1929

what a newsletter!

Post by carnut14 »

as a new memeber of the AA club I was not sure what to expect when it came to a newsletter.

But I was plesently surprised, great photography, nice detailed writing. Well worth the membership price.

Only bad thing is I now want a set of the reproduction mirrors (great mirror article by the way) really really bad.

Thanks for the hard work, I'm looking forward to the next issue

Bob
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Re: what a newsletter!

Post by spectria »

carnut14 wrote:as a new memeber of the AA club I was not sure what to expect when it came to a newsletter.

But I was plesently surprised, great photography, nice detailed writing. Well worth the membership price.

Only bad thing is I now want a set of the reproduction mirrors (great mirror article by the way) really really bad.

Thanks for the hard work, I'm looking forward to the next issue

Bob
That's Neil Wilson's Handiwork!!!
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Brady
Body Type: None
Model Year: 1930

Post by Brady »

Just got my latest issue of the Double A'er (April '13), and it's another outstanding job. I felt that any thanks and compliments from me could best be rendered in this thread. Great work Neil - your publication far exceeds either MARC or MAFCA .
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Thanks guys,

I try to make improvements to the newsletter each year. The addition of a cover started with the 2012 issue.

Getting cover photos is an effort given that it takes an 11.25" high by 8.75" wide, high resolution photo. So, the photo needs to be taken in portrait (i.e. camera held on the side) with the truck framed in the lower portion of the photo. The attached photo shows the basic requirements.

My camera is 18 megapixels - so lots of pixels. But, I am limited mostly to the AA's in my back yard as I don't travel much. The final photo going to the printer should be 300 dpi for best printing. The attached was taken by the truck owner and it ended up a 288 dpi. It turned out well and is 2266 KB in file size.

I think I have a cover photo for next year's newsletter 2014. But, I welcome receiving more photos for future newsletters. The same requirement is for both the front and rear cover.
Attachments
xRequirements - Newsletter Cover.jpg
xRequirements - Newsletter Cover.jpg (138.73 KiB) Viewed 10153 times
Regards, Neil Wilson
lookin-backtexas
Body Type: Stakebed

Post by lookin-backtexas »

Atta boy Neil! Nice issue.
Fred Carlton
If you are not driving your AA truck you might as well be collecting clocks!
ImageImage
spdway1

Post by spdway1 »

:arrow: Excellent Job! Nice work Neil. :D
Don Sorel :mrgreen:
lowtide
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1928

Post by lowtide »

I go along with the others, Great Job Neil. I would not mind seeing a mid-year news letter may be a little different with members photos of projects and completed trucks. Member items for sale or wants, plus a few technical tips etc. I wouldn't have a problem with a dues increase to cover the cost. I know it would be a lot of work. Thanks lowtide
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

FYI - I start the newsletter in November and used up most of the bad weather through March to complete the newsletter. I know I won't have the time to try to produce a second newsletter as I need to get some restoration done on my projects.

I am working on building a web site with AA information and photos. I have a skeleton site currently designed on my home computer. I am looking for a web site host so I can publish what I have at this time. Once I have a site published I will ask for it to be linked in the club web site. I have never done a web site and every step is a learning experience.
Regards, Neil Wilson
JWHorton
Body Type: 82B

Post by JWHorton »

[quote="Neil Wilson"]FYI - I start the newsletter in November and used up most of the bad weather through March to complete the newsletter. I know I won't have the time to try to produce a second newsletter as I need to get some restoration done on my projects.

In this Club House posting is a picture of a tow truck with silver ring on the rear dully
Is this just painted on the wheel or is it some kind of a split ring that i don't understand?
spectria

Post by spectria »

JWHorton wrote:
Neil Wilson wrote:FYI - I start the newsletter in November and used up most of the bad weather through March to complete the newsletter. I know I won't have the time to try to produce a second newsletter as I need to get some restoration done on my projects.

In this Club House posting is a picture of a tow truck with silver ring on the rear dully
Is this just painted on the wheel or is it some kind of a split ring that i don't understand?
All AA Trucks used a SPLIT RIM, so yes that is a removable ring that is usually CAD plated.
Split Rim Cropped.jpg
Split Rim Cropped.jpg (182.3 KiB) Viewed 10008 times
JWHorton
Body Type: 82B

Post by JWHorton »

[quote="spectria"][quote="JWHorton"][quote="Neil Wilson"]FYI - I start the newsletter in November and used up most of the bad weather through March to complete the newsletter. I know I won't have the time to try to produce a second newsletter as I need to get some restoration done on my projects.

You miss under stood my Question
In the tow truck picture i am referring to the rear dully when the rims are turned togather
Advise!
Brian T
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Post by Brian T »

Hello JW,
The outer rim on the rear wheels are often painted to match the front it makes they appear that they have a lock ring, I do not believe that is the way the factory did them.
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.
spectria

Post by spectria »

spectria wrote:
JWHorton wrote:
Neil Wilson wrote:FYI - I start the newsletter in November and used up most of the bad weather through March to complete the newsletter. I know I won't have the time to try to produce a second newsletter as I need to get some restoration done on my projects.

You miss under stood my Question
In the tow truck picture i am referring to the rear dully when the rims are turned togather
Advise!
Yes, Yes I did.