Grand Opening of the Model A Ford Museum

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
lowtide
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1928

Grand Opening of the Model A Ford Museum

Post by lowtide »

The Grand open of the Model A Museum in Hickory Corners, MI on May 18, 2013 was a great success. The weather was perfect. The Model A museum is located on the grounds of the larger Gilmore car museum which sits in a rural area on a large old farm. There are at least 12 other building full of antique cars of all discriptions, and more are planned.There is a replica of a Shell gas station that makes you feel like you just stepped back into the past. The grounds and buildings in excellant condition and well maintained. This is a MUST see place. The opening was very well done. There were at least 317 Model A's of all types driven to the event, sad to say I only saw 1 double A. There was a band playing, speakers from all the major clubs and surport organizations and there were thousand of people in attendance. The Ford Museum was very well done also, inside there was a AA wrecker, platform truck, an air compressor, and the school bus Huffy and Puff. I think there were about 20 cars of variuos types. There is a parts dept that is also well done, along with other displays. Friday evening most of us were invited to the Air-Zoo in Kalamazoo, this place is spectacular. I'm not much on plane museums but again this is a MUST see. There is a Stelth recon plane inside plus hundreds of displays and planes, the murals on the walls are amazing. The AA's were an important part of the Model A period we need to get more involved. Thanks Charlie (lowtide)
Attachments
Recreated Shell Station at the Gilmore
Recreated Shell Station at the Gilmore
34 (640x480).jpg (365.48 KiB) Viewed 4829 times
Model A Ford Museum at the Gilmore
Model A Ford Museum at the Gilmore
29 (640x526) (2).jpg (397.46 KiB) Viewed 4829 times
lowtide
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1928

Re: Grand Opening of the Model A Ford Museum

Post by lowtide »