The old AA went to heaven today.

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
modeleh
Model Year: 1930

The old AA went to heaven today.

Post by modeleh »

Today I helped the fellow who bought my truck get it through the front window of his liquor store. It was a real tight squeeze, backed it through the window on a rollback truck then put the rear tires on dollys. It had to go over a brick wall about 20" high where the bottom sill of the (removed) window sat. We tipped the rollback deck just over the window sill then rolled the back duals off the deck onto some blocking configured like steps. The tricky part was there wasn't enough room to back the truck entirely off the deck without putting the back of the AA into the glass beer cooler doors. The front tires were still on the deck of the rollback, so we had to pull the tow truck out from under the front of the AA, then carefully set it on blocking as one front tire was on top of the window sill. I couldn't get my floorjack under the front axle due to the wall, so I had to put some timber across underneath the wishbone and I took the whole weight of the front of the truck while some bystanders helped push the front end sideways to clear the front wall of the store. I had to have the jack so high to keep the tires 20" off the floor, it didn't like the side loading and bent while I lowered it. Hopefully the store owner will go good on a replacement. When you have a truck 98% through a window and there is no more room to back up, there is no turning back, so the cost of a jack is probably a lot less than a glass beer cooler door. I didn't get any pictures of the actual process of getting it through the window, because it wasn't a situation where you could stop and take a break, but here are a couple shots of the truck once we got it in position.
The deck will eventually be loaded with merchandise. If anyone is heading through Mill Bay on Vancouver Island, it is in the Honeypot Liquor Store in the Mill Bay Centre.
spdway1

Re: The old AA went to heaven today.

Post by spdway1 »

Thanks for Sharing! :D
Shorthaul
Body Type: 186 stake
Model Year: 1931

Post by Shorthaul »

Dang, this truck was one of the only trucks on this website that actually still hauled loads (past photos)
Guess its still working, sort of a retirement type job indoors.
Farrell In Vancouver
Body Type: Deck
Model Year: 1931

Post by Farrell In Vancouver »

Gonna wait til she's loaded up and pay a visit after midnight.
:lol: Meet you at Fanny Bay for the party!
farmerden
Body Type: AAC
Model Year: 1928

Post by farmerden »

Aha! That would explain why I saw you in your Ranchero near Cassidy last week! I was going to give you heck for driving a new car 1965!! Den
modeleh

Post by modeleh »

You may have seen Harry B driving it around Ladysmith. He doesn't have enough cars so I gave him one of mine :wink:
Trulyvintage
Body Type: Model A

Post by Trulyvintage »

How cool is that ?

Thank you for posting !

Jim