FLOODING

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
lowtide
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1928

FLOODING

Post by lowtide »

After watching the videos of flooding in the Bolder area I can't help but wish Neal and all the other club members safety. I saw some of the destruction that flooding can cause in Vermont, It's devastating. TAKE CARE, Charlie (lowtide)
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Re: FLOODING

Post by spectria »

Neil could be right in the middle of it...
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
spdway1

Post by spdway1 »

I just talked to him on the phone...He is trying to dry out the water in his basement at his house otherwise he is ok.
:arrow: Keep him and his family in your thoughts as more heavy rains are expected.
Don Jr. 8)
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

spdway1 wrote:I just talked to him on the phone...He is trying to dry out the water in his basement at his house otherwise he is ok.
:arrow: Keep him and his family in your thoughts as more heavy rains are expected.
Don Jr. 8)
Thanks for the update!
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Drew Mashburn
Model Year: 1930

Post by Drew Mashburn »

All:

On February 10, 1978, a few minutes after midnight, a river jumped its banks and surrounded my wife's and my home (a rental). We barely got out with our lives, pets and a pouch of important papers. The next morning, we came back to see the devastation. Most all of the home was completely gone. I had my 1931 Ford Model AA Stakebed completely disassembled. I lost the Ford-made bed that was in pristine condition and many small parts. Over the years, I aquired another good bed and replaced all the missing parts. Let me tell you, natural catastrophes are NO fun! We lost other more important items than AA parts. We lost family photos, Jr. & High School year books, family heirlooms, etc. But, the most important thing is we had our lives.

I'll keep Neil and his family in my thoughts.

Sincerely,
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn