Tires

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Tires

Post by spectria »

Found this again today, says they are available...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cok-75580/overview/
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
1oldman57
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Re: Tires

Post by 1oldman57 »

I bought one US Royal tire from Universal Tire at Hershey exactly like the tire you show at Summit. But both Coker and Universal
did not have a tube. I ended up getting a tube from Lucas Tire. Tubes are on back order.
AaronF
Model Year: 1930

Post by AaronF »

I've been reading the AA site for quite some time now and felt the need to ask a question in this thread about tires.
In the 20's/30's a lot of vehicles came with the balloon type diamond tread tires,would there be any want for that tread design with the AA's,I know price is a factor but I'm looking for input,reason being is that Goodyear put these diamond tread tires on the Yellowstone parks busses of the 30's and a handfull of us are wanting to get them reproduced,I've got the people at Goodyear to talk to about the mold, but before I make my yearly call to see if they'll release it I was looking to see if there was any interest here.

Thanks Aaron
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

they would be neat. How different do they handle on the road? Id imagine they would wear really fast in the middle...

Who made a tire that the tread was juts a buncha dots about the size of half dollars?

left front