Hello im new!

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Hello im new!

Post by Stakebed »

Just thought i would say hi before i start makign lots of posts...

also id like to tell ya a bit of history of my "might soon be my 29AA depends on if its restoreable" truck.

My great grandfather bought the truck off a guy in town who origionally bought it from the Pontiac, IL milk delivery company.
either the origional owner or my great grandfather put the flat stake bed bed on the truck and amazingly to this day my grandfather belives he still has the origional stake bed sides. he said he found them one day while rummaging around his tool shed (lives on a farm so its a HUGE tool shed) and he said they did not look homemade. he said they looked profesionally built with perfectly fitting metal brackets and strong. all the boards looked exactly the same, meaning someone didnt just go and use random pieces of wood to make it.

here is the only picture i have of it and yes it has been sitting for a long time in that same spot... and yes i relaize its going to take years before its anywhere near where i want it. im not lookign for it to look mint condition everyhting is origional parts all the way down to the bolts. i just want to get it somewhat close stock looking (meaning keeping the wheels engine body etc) but interior and exterior wise i may have to make it look different just cause of cost...
Vicky
Model Year: 1930

Post by Vicky »

One of the things I've found is that the time required to do something on the truck just about equals the time reuired to save up for the next purchase. :wink:

Vicky
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

ahh.

im going to go up and have a look at it tommorow and hopefully it hasnt gotten much worse than from when that picture was taken.. deff going to bring a clipper to get all the leaves and branches off... :oops:
kirk C,

Re: Hello im new!

Post by kirk C, »

Hi Guy,
I just saw that 29 AA in the trees,
please dont do anything to it other than redo it to original, dont compromise and cut corners on cost or originality as you will be sorely dissapointed by the result's,
Im looking for one like yours and i see it has the stake body on it as new,
but i see the pieces rotted away, but its all there and ready to be redone if you wanted to do it,
do you want to redo it, or wait to do it,
anyway if you wanna keep it then it'll be nice to redo, but if you wana let it go then please get ahold of me ok,
kirk
AATRUCKMAN

Post by AATRUCKMAN »

HELLO THERE "STAKEBED",

MY NAME IS GARRY, OR "AATRUCKMAN" ON THIS FORUM. JUST WANTED TO SAY I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT IN WORSE SHAPE THAN IT IS. BEING OUT IN THE ELEMENTS ALL THESE YEARS. BEFORE YOU MOVE IT, I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TAKE A GOOD PICTURE OF IT SITTING THERE RUSTING AWAY. THEN FRAME IT NICELY AND SAVE THE NEGATIVES BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE A GOOD RUSTY RELICS PICTURE. THEN, AFTER YOU RESTORE IT YOU CAN COMPARE THE TWO. THIS IS AN EXPENSIVE TASK YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET INTO, BUT IF YOU LOVE TO DO IT, I SAY GO FOR IT. BELOW ARE 2 OF MY AA's. THE LIVESTOCK BED IS "NELLIE" AND THE NEWLY ACQUIRED DUMPER IS "BABE". NELLIE IS A GOOD LOOKING GIRL BUT STILL A DAILY DRIVER. BABE IS IN NEED OF SOME TLC WHICH I PLAN TO GIVE HER A LOT OF. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR TRUCK. PLEASE READ MY LATEST POSTS IF YOU WILL AND GIVE YOUR REPLY AS WELL. THANKS!
Attachments
BABE
BABE
Copy of BABE 1.jpg (97.58 KiB) Viewed 8687 times
THIS IS MY NELLIE
THIS IS MY NELLIE
Copy of Copy of EBAY SALE STUFF & 1930 TRUCK 070.jpg (79.69 KiB) Viewed 8688 times
AATRUCKMAN

Post by AATRUCKMAN »

STAKEBED,

I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING ON YOUR TRUCK. I DON'T THINK THIS IS AN "AA" TRUCK. I THINK IT IS A REGULAR PICKUP. YOU SEE, THE AA TRUCKS DIDN'T HAVE THE REAR FENDERS AND LONG RUNNING BOARDS. THEY ALSO USUALLY HAD BUD WHEELS, NOT SPOKED WHEELS. HOWEVER, THEY DID MAKE A HEAVIER TRUCK THAT HAD SPOKE WHEELS IN 28-29. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE THE PAPER WORK ON IT. MAYBE IT WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW. EITHER WAY, GOOD LUCK!

GARRY
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Garry,
You have a bit to learn as many AA's had long running boards and rear fenders. Simply looking at the rims will tell you it is an AA.
miner art
Body Type: AA flt.BD.82a

Post by miner art »

Hey stake bed!,dija ever get your truck home???????
ART