Paint used by Ford

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A
Model Year: 1930

Paint used by Ford

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

I bought a 1929 open cab pickup that sat in a field for many-many years. I knew the truck when it belonged to a guy that had it before this owner. The truck back in the 50's was running good back then. As I remember the truck had no paint or very little. Any way I bought the pick-up. All 5 tires and wheels were missing, sitting on blocks for years, also the hood was missing along with radiator, engine, and tranny. The drivers door was also missing. Also all the paint was gone, fully covered with rust. I bought it for $8.50. I had a 1929 phaeton that was cut off at the front of the back doors and turned into a pick-up with a wood bed. Anyway I combined the 2 and came up with the open cab with the steel pick-up bed. When I pieced it together I painted it black, no primer and painted it with a brush. The paint I used was RUSTOULM. In 1965 painted rock-moss green also with a paint brush. Now The original paint (1929-1962, 33 years) was all gone. The RUSTOULM Paint, brushed on without primer is still on the pick-up (1962- 2016 54 years) :) The pictures will show. Shelby, Sacramento.

i bought the pick-up
Model A Open Cab Pickup 001.jpg
Model A Open Cab Pickup 001.jpg (56.23 KiB) Viewed 30245 times
DSCN0470.JPG
DSCN0470.JPG (135.62 KiB) Viewed 30240 times