1928 Model AA "Best of Show" (based on attendee votes)

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
carlsoncg
Body Type: 82A;88A;188A
Model Year: 1928

1928 Model AA "Best of Show" (based on attendee votes)

Post by carlsoncg »

Drove my Truck to my first local Truck/Car/Motor Cycle Show this past weekend. By the way it won "Best of Show" [based on attendee's voting for their top-5 "favorites" out of about 60 vehicles]. Nice to know an old Truck can win over lots of hot rods, classics and muscle cars. Only bad thing was driving home the radiator over heated (again) and blew lots of water right through/around the new gasket on my new Manometer...I was careful to fill to just to cover tubes. Had a little "blow-by" on the way over to the show, but temp stayed in the good range according to the Manometer, so did not refill at the show (hoping I had just over-filled the radiator again), but coming home at a good pace (30-35 MPH) after about 15 minutes it began to really blow (in pulses) lots of water right out the side of the cap/manometer...So looks like I am not over filling, must be clogged so need to flush as many have advised...

Still a fun day. I will post a picture later of the Truck and trophy, though unfortunately I am in the picture too... :shock:

Carl
Boomer
Body Type: 82-A Closed Cab
Model Year: 1929

Re: 1928 Model AA "Best of Show" (based on attendee votes)

Post by Boomer »

Way to represent at the car show, congratulations!
Drew N.

1929 AA Closed Cab

Skol Vikings!