30 AA mechanical dump

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
REM
Model Year: 1930

30 AA mechanical dump

Post by REM »

My latest project. Something to play with while #1 is being restored. This one will stay pretty much as is at least for now. Just fix the necessary things. I have to finish the wiring then put the hood back on. The gas tank needs cleaned and the top is falling apart but it runs and everything pretty much works . I need to get some tires and get the duals back on also.

Having fun.
Richard

Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

Wow!,
What a beauty. Sure, go ahead and fix what needs fixin' but please don't restore it. A Model is only original once.
It is nice that the original paint can still be seen. Keep it oiled so it won't rust away.
I am curious about the plated radiator shell though.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

I just noticed the headlamps and steering wheel. Is this a very early 1930 model?
REM

Post by REM »

Knuck
You are definitely right.
It is an early 30 with some of the change over features. I haven't gotten the cab up to see the numbers but need to do that to pursue a title for it. The other one I have that is apart to restore is also an E-30 but also has the 30 style gas cap as well as the other things.
I assume the shell has been replaced over the years. It is pretty bad and I will watch for a better one. Maybe I'll run across an unplated one. If not I guess I could blast and paint a plated one but the paint would not look right with everything being having so little.
Not much of the paint on the outside is visible but the pinstripe is partially there yet and the inside is more green than rust still.
Lots to do to it yet but it's nice to have it operable.

Richard
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

Richard,
If possible, I would appreciate some high resolution pictures of your early '30 truck and some detailed pictures of the hoist. Does the hoist have any identification as to the manufacturer?

You will not be able to post high resolution pictures. So, please e-mail them to me. The first picture is 144 pixels/inch and the picture is 5.5 x 4.
If your camera can take 300 pixels/inch and a pictures size of 7.5" wide, that would be great.
Regards, Neil Wilson
REM

Post by REM »

Neil

The hoist is manufactured by the Little Giant Co. And I have a sales brochure and priced list that I got with it. Price list dated 1954 so I assume that is when it was purchased and installed. I think I could scan and send some of that if you are interested.

As far as pictures go they were taken with a 3.2 M camera if that gives you a clue as to what I can do. Photobucket may have resized them.
I will e-mail you these 3 and see how they come through e\mail.
Glad to take more if you want.
Thanks Richard

Love this site. Not a lot of posting at times but everything is always related to the AA's in some way and not a lot of fluff to sift through.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

It is possible the plated shell came from the same car the front bumper came from.
REM

Post by REM »

Knuck

Good guess but it came with no bumper and that is just one I had laying around. Thought it looked better than none.

Richard
AATRUCKMAN

Re: 30 AA mechanical dump

Post by AATRUCKMAN »

HELLO,

MY NAME IS GARRY, OR AATRUCKMAN ON THIS FORUM. I SEE THIS POST IS FROM 2007 AND IT'S NOW MARCH 2008. JUST WANTED TO SAY I HOPE YOU WILL VISIT MY LATEST POSTS AND TAKE A LOOK AT MY 1930 AA DUMP TRUCK I RECENTLY PURCHASED OUT OF CALIFORNIA. I THINK YOU'LL GET A KICK OUT OF IT. PLEASE READ ABOUT MY COLLECTING PICTURES FOR A SORT OF CATALOG THAT ANY MEMBER CAN USE. LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU, IF YOU HAVE THE TIME. ON SECOND THOUGHT, I CAN JUST ATTACH A PICTURE OF MINE FOR YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!

GARRY
Attachments
THIS IS BABE. MY NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY.
THIS IS BABE. MY NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY.
Copy of BABE 1.jpg (97.58 KiB) Viewed 10128 times
REM

Re: 30 AA mechanical dump

Post by REM »

Neat truck.
There is something about these old work horses in unrestored form that really appeals to me.
How about more info about the pic catalogue. I would like to take a look.

Richard