Delivery Confirmation

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
Vicky
Model Year: 1930

Delivery Confirmation

Post by Vicky »

My mail box is about ¼ mile from my house so if I’m expecting something, I get there within 15 minutes or so after the mail carrier.

A vendor shipped some parts I ordered with “Delivery Confirmation”. On the day the parts were scheduled to arrive, they weren’t there. I checked the vendor and he had Delivery Confirmation that they were delivered.

I checked with the post office and the mail carrier swore he put the package in my mail box.

A week or so later, the postmaster called and said someone had brought in my package – it had been mis-delivered.

I now insure stuff I send so people have to go to the PO and sign for a package to pick it up. I know it costs more but it should eliminate this problem.

Vicky
russ
Body Type: 82a

Re: Delivery Confirmation

Post by russ »

I might be mistaken, but i think Signature Required is a good way to go because nobody has to make a trip to the post office. I wonder if your mailman would drive the 1/4 mile to your house to get the signature.
Everybody likes pics.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

russ wrote:I might be mistaken, but i think Signature Required is a good way to go because nobody has to make a trip to the post office. I wonder if your mailman would drive the 1/4 mile to your house to get the signature.
Not if it is RFD. UPS and FEDEX come to your door.
56Hotrodder

Post by 56Hotrodder »

The Ups man leaves things at the Gen'l store if the weather is bad ( 5 miles) and fed ex makes you go to Their office ( 30 miles) if they miss you . You obviosly don't live in a RIURAL area. No such thing as overnite delivery either. We chose to live in the sticks, this is part of the price. !!!!
russ
Body Type: 82a

Post by russ »

56Hotrodder wrote: We chose to live in the sticks, this is part of the price. !!!!
It's worth it though, eh Rick?
Everybody likes pics.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

56Hotrodder wrote:The Ups man leaves things at the Gen'l store if the weather is bad ( 5 miles) and fed ex makes you go to Their office ( 30 miles) if they miss you . You obviosly don't live in a RIURAL area. No such thing as overnite delivery either. We chose to live in the sticks, this is part of the price. !!!!
I have lived in the sticks. The UPS man came by every day.