Body block dimensions 82A

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
vtwinsideways
Body Type: 82-A, 88-A
Model Year: 1929

Body block dimensions 82A

Post by vtwinsideways »

Hopefully these will come in handy for someone. The images had to be scaled down through Photobucket to fit on the forum, so if you need these, just PM me your email address and I'll email you the jpg files. These were reverse-engineered from a set of good used body blocks. Luke

Last edited by vtwinsideways on March 2nd, 2011, 6:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"I get all my exercise jumping to conclusions."
Luke in Illinois
vtwinsideways

Re: Body block dimensions 82A

Post by vtwinsideways »

I must apologize to everyone, the print I posted earlier is wrong. I swapped back and forth between jpg and bmp formats and it screwed up the aspect ratios on the images and caused some discrepancies in the measurements on the final print. I have removed the old print and posted the corrected ones. These new prints are A-OK and should print out to the right size as long as your printer is set for 100% scale. Sorry it took so long to get the proper ones on here, but I had to redraw the entire set when I realized what I had done. Luke McLeod
Luke in Illinois
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform
Model Year: 1931

Post by rollingsculpture »

nice work!! :D :D
Bill James
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Bill James »

Thanks again, Luke. Bill James :D
vtwinsideways

Post by vtwinsideways »

Thanks guys. Glad to do it. As we redo the wood in the Dads 82A I plan on making prints of everything. Some of it is beyond the avarage woodworkers abilities, but I still think this info should be out there (free) for those who can. I plan on making some pretty complex instructions when it comes time to make prints for items with compound curves. It may be later in the summer before we get that far though. At some point I will start in on my 82B, it needs ALL of the wood. I don't have any old parts to template, so I will have to buy all of the wood. That being said, I still plan on blueprinting it and providing the prints and templates here. Luke
Luke in Illinois
Bill James
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Bill James »

Thanks to Luke, I have my body blocks all made up. Happens I could not come up with any good hard wood scraps, so I had to use some realy nice Burma teak I have been saving for years. Bet Henry never used any teak in his cars and trucks! Oh well I wont have to worry about treating the wood.
NOW, for a dumb ?? Does the rubber pads go between the wood blocks and the frame, or on top between the block and body?
Thanks, Bill James
fordman88

Post by fordman88 »

I haven't been on here in years but finally got a place and time to work on my 29 again! Yay!!!
I see that photobucket isn't as nice as it once was... Ugh
I know this is an old post but hoping someone still has these pictures to send me. I acquired an huge old oak timber that I will be milling down to use for the sills of the platform bed. Would love to use whats left for the other body parts. Thanks in advance!!
Trevor O Davis
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Post by 1crosscut »

Welcome back Trevor. Glad you're able to get back to working on the AA.
------------
Dave
fordman88

Post by fordman88 »

1crosscut wrote:Welcome back Trevor. Glad you're able to get back to working on the AA.
Well hello there! It's great seeing all the familiar names as I scroll through the past few years Image
Been busy since the last time y'all helped me with progress... Married, 2 kids, 3 job changes, and finally buying a house that has a bit of land and a GARAGE!!!!! I now have a work/wood shop so that I can pick up where I left off. That and I need the ol'gal to help me out around our Lil ponderosa!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Trevor O Davis