New guy on your block

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Edgy
Body Type: AA stake bed
Model Year: 1929

New guy on your block

Post by Edgy »

Hello to everyone! I plan to finish a restoration of a truck my "late" father started many years ago. My dad bought this truck in 1975 for $50.00. The pictures he took of it says it's a 1929 AA. Everything but the body has already been restored. I've found most of the body parts scattered thoughout the buildings. My question is this: is it possible the date on the firewall be stamped in the year 28? Does it really matter? Thank you for any information! I can't wait to get started.
russ
Body Type: 82a
Model Year: 1930

Re: New guy on your block

Post by russ »

Howdy Edgy from MT. I've nuthin' helpful for ya on this, but plenty of folks here do though. They'll be dropping by shortly. They've got pics too, with circles and arrows and other cool stuff. :D

Welcome to the group. Pics are mandatory, so lets get that camera charged up, hum? :wink:
Everybody likes pics.
Reds34
Body Type: dump
Model Year: 1930

Post by Reds34 »

That's awesome that you're finishing a project that your father started. I don't see there being a reason that the firewall couldn't be stamped '28. We would all love to see some pictures.

Red
Harry Lipki
Body Type: AA Chassis
Model Year: 1928

Post by Harry Lipki »

Welcome to the best AA site on the planet ... There are people from all over the world willing to give any advice you may need . I know everyone here has helped me out . Your AA will be a great learning experience , plus a ton of fun ... especially once she's on the road :D .. We all love pictures so start taking them .... Harry
gunmetal
Body Type: 188-A

Post by gunmetal »

my avator is my truck the way I bought it. the engine number is AA1955916 and I found the number on firewall 8 3 29. If you need pics of anything terry_rose@yahoo.com. I have a 1929 AA Truck Plate form. good luck will help you any way I can, I restoring mine from ground up.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

Edgy wrote:Hello to everyone!.../// ... I can't wait to get started.
Welcome again and we all learn here that someone almost always has an answer, and pretty much everyone has an opinion... If you need help on the site, just ask, I can adjust your pics (I like doing it) so they will fit to post here, and same with an avatar when you get around to it, just check the User control panel Top right of this page! :D
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Edgy
Body Type: AA stake bed

Post by Edgy »

Thanks for the encouragement, I've posted pictures in another subject heading. I'll put in more later. Edgy
TomH
Body Type: pickup
Model Year: 1928

Post by TomH »

Edgy,
I have been through your section of MT a few times and think it is a beautiful section of the country. So I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of your truck in your local area.
Tom H
Need rear fenders and running boards for 1932 131" single wheel Express Body
Radar
Body Type: 82a

Post by Radar »

Edgy,welcome. I've been building a restorod out of my paps AA . Isn't it great to working on a project with family history? I'm planning to make a lap of the country with mine when its all done and sorted out. Ya never know whos driveway I might roll in. Lets see some pics!!! Radar