Dr. Frank, back on the road!

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
Bill James
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Dr. Frank, back on the road!

Post by Bill James »

I took old Dr. Frank for a drive around the neighborhood, what a beast!! Sure will be nice to get a seat in there, that wood bench just aint right. If the weather is OK, I plan on taking him to the local cruise in tomorrow. The clutch works now and the transmission is much quieter. I hear a clucking noise, but with my old wore out ears, I can't tell if it's in the drive train or just an exhaust leak. He sure gets a lot of looks, especially when I had to park and run back to get the crank out of the middle of the street :oops: Just glad someone didn't put it through a front tire!

A little ditty my old Dad used to sing to us kids when we riding in his Model A Vicky. Long time ago!

I bought me a Ford machine,
filled it up with gasoline,
wouldn't wait till I got in,
now I own a pile of tin, and ever month I walk right up and pay.

We all loved that old Ford :wink: Bill James
Brian T
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

Re: Dr. Frank, back on the road!

Post by Brian T »

Hello Bill,
I assume you meant the crank that you start the engine with and not the big one inside the engine that fell in the street? .... that would make a fair noise .... you have to utilize the noises you hear .... they come and go depending on temperature .... speed .... and the road you are on .... kinder like a dash computer read out on a modern except you have use your ears and vibes in the butt.
I will never forget the first time I drove Maggie .... 5 inches of play in the steering .... brakes not working well .... the noise .... no room to move .... double clutching .... Indiana Jones would have bailed out long before the first stop sign .... anyway we enjoy her now so keep up the good work and have fun.
Brian T.
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.
russ
Body Type: 82a
Model Year: 1930

Re: Dr. Frank, back on the road!

Post by russ »

Bill James wrote: I hear a clucking noise,
Bill, are all the gals accounted for in the hen house? :shock:
Everybody likes pics.