Dr. Frank hauling the frieght

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
Bill James
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Dr. Frank hauling the frieght

Post by Bill James »

Here's some pictures of Dr. Frank on a beautiful Virginia summer day.
We are making belief we are hauling a load of corn and sugar to Pappy's still :lol:
Attachments
MVC-017F.JPG
MVC-017F.JPG (67.89 KiB) Viewed 8715 times
Bill James

Re: Dr. Frank hauling the frieght

Post by Bill James »

If you look real careful, and use your imagination a little, you can just make out the corner of Pappy's still back there in the thicket :roll:
Attachments
MVC-019F.JPG
MVC-019F.JPG (80.37 KiB) Viewed 8713 times
Bill James

Post by Bill James »

Here we are back home, safe and sound, dodged all the G-men :wink:
Attachments
MVC-020F.JPG
MVC-020F.JPG (74.53 KiB) Viewed 8713 times
gunmetal
Body Type: 188-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by gunmetal »

Dr. Frank is looking pretty good hope he don't drink any of that there shine and have a accedent. lol
modeleh

Post by modeleh »

You're going to have a hard time hiding the jugs of shine with no stake bed full of hay!

I saw a photograph once of a lumber truck used to move booze during the prohibition, it looked like the truck had a full load of lumber, but the center of the stack was hollow and full of crates of booze, and there were some short boards that filled in the rear of the stack to close it up and make it look legit.
miner art
Body Type: AA flt.BD.82a

Post by miner art »

Nice nice, gonna put a flatie on him? so's ya can do some real haulin for gramp's,by the way where about's is that still? :lol: thats like askin where's the GOLD Huh!. Like to make a trip out there some time,seem's kinda laid back. Be lookin for more Photo's!!!
ART
Bill James

Post by Bill James »

Yea, the Tide Water area of VA is a great place, both to live and to vacation. I used to spend a lot of time in your state, Salmon fishing at Gold Beach and crabing at Winchester Bay. Great times!
I'm currently in the process of clening up the platform for the truck, hope to have it back on some time this fall. Turns out it is from a model TT. same size as the AA, but with only 4 stake pockets on the sides, and the "Ford truck" in script on the back. I have both the grain door sides and the "farm truck" sides. The TT platform is just part of why I call it Dr.Frank. Bill James
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Bill:

I wish the "Ford Truck" script was on the rear of my '31 Stakebed. It's cool looking! Ford goofed up, in my opinion, when they eliminated the script on the rear of the beds. Nice old truck you've got there!

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
russ
Body Type: 82a

Post by russ »

Howdy Bill. Many thanks for the cool pics of a great truck. Great to see ya havin' fun with it.

Best, russ
Everybody likes pics.
Chris Haynes

Post by Chris Haynes »

Drew Mashburn wrote:Bill:

I wish the "Ford Truck" script was on the rear of my '31 Stakebed. It's cool looking! Ford goofed up, in my opinion, when they eliminated the script on the rear of the beds. Nice old truck you've got there!

-- Drew
You could have a sign shop paint it on.
miner art
Body Type: AA flt.BD.82a

Post by miner art »

Bill James wrote:Yea, the Tide Water area of VA is a great place, both to live and to vacation. I used to spend a lot of time in your state, Salmon fishing at Gold Beach and crabing at Winchester Bay. Great times!
I'm currently in the process of clening up the platform for the truck, hope to have it back on some time this fall. Turns out it is from a model TT. same size as the AA, but with only 4 stake pockets on the sides, and the "Ford truck" in script on the back. I have both the grain door sides and the "farm truck" sides. The TT platform is just part of why I call it Dr.Frank. Bill James
Ahh! Thats the one I used as well. not the grain sides tho.I live on the Rogue River but 100mi+ up from gold Beach so I go down to Get a nice Silver Chinook once in a while!!