1931 Ford AA 9/23/11 Barrett Jackson Auction Result...$$$

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
spdway1

1931 Ford AA 9/23/11 Barrett Jackson Auction Result...$$$

Post by spdway1 »

SOLD $27,500* :roll:
*Price Includes Buyers Commission

Here is the Link:
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/applicat ... =424&pop=0
E.Moore
Model Year: 1930

Re: 1931 Ford AA 9/23/11 Barrett Jackson Auction Result...$$

Post by E.Moore »

Money buys good looks. The cowl band is not commercial and the split rings are painted instead of cad plated. I'll bet others can spot other things that are not correct from the factory.
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Post by Bob C »

You think for that money it would at least have a fan belt on the engine.

Bob
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

That is the 195-A Express with closed cab. The cargo body is rare. The long running boards, aprons, and rear fenders are very hard to find. It is too bad there are not detailed pictures showing the inside of the cargo body. That is what makes the truck worth $'s.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by John - NNY »

I see one huge error. I spotted it a mile away.

They are going to deliver it to the wrong address. Barett-Jackson is always doing that to me.
John
NNY
SHELBY MESSER
Body Type: 75-A

Post by SHELBY MESSER »

What I see not factory, FIRST PICTURE -chrome mirror - front bumper ? able -interior color tan not black - rear axle caps TT - running board step plate - exterior door handles right & left turned down past open position - SECOND PICTURE - glass sediment bowl - rubber grommet on vacuum line at fire wall - chrome radiator support brackets on fire wall - yellow tag on left fire wall ? able - engine color - no cut out on generator - stainless steel water pump shaft - modern grease zerts on water pump - n on engine splash pans - tillotson carb. ? able - modern paper filter on carb. - brass nuts on exhaust clamp - gas line at fire wall and carb. has pipe dope at both ends, being wrong fittings - no speed o meter cable - NOTE screw holding distributor - no grommet on ign. cable at terminal box - spark plugs one peace - no coil fire nipple at dist. cap - chrome hood latch brackets THIRD PICTURE something up with fuel shutoff valve - problem between steering column & clutch/ brake peddles ?able - screw missing in center of dash rail - no interior panels on doors - no wind lace around doors FORTH PICTURE - no windshield wiper motor or blade - possibly no brake/tail light - Don't know anything about the Xpress bed, but seems like lots of bolts. This is what else I've seen in those pictures. Real nice truck But it needs professional HELP! Somebody got SCREWED big time for that price haua RIGHT? !!! Shelby, Louisiana.
bud valerius

Post by bud valerius »

I would also like to see the inside of the cargo body and the tailgate,it should be clear yellow pine ,it should have special fender wells .The inside wood should have carriage bolts with square nuts on the outside ( wood carriage bolts & nuts should be painted body color ). The cab appears to be a 1930 , I beleive it should be a 1931 for the 195A body. Having said all the things that might be wrong with the truck it still remains to be one of the few remaing of a rare cargo body style and who ever bought it could correct the problems by spending more money or enjoy it as is.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

All:

Man! I sure don't like seeing our old AA's commanding such high prices. I've always felt like they were a "poor man's" restoration hobby. No offense to anyone intended. But, I must admit, it's a nice looking truck.

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
spdway1

Post by spdway1 »

For all you error critical people, it is clear these pictures were taken DURING restoration. To have your vehicle properly advertised and books printed for an auction, they need pictures and a description about 6-4 months out.

Don Jr
Got a 400 point SHOW TRUCK? Good for you, I'm here to enjoy the hobby, and enjoy the trucks no matter what they look like.
TomH
Body Type: pickup
Model Year: 1928

Post by TomH »

It would be great to see some detailed closeup pictures of the truck. I bet the express body is worth as much as the rest of the truck.
Does anyone have any info on how may 195-A and or, 195-B Express body's were made?
TomH
Need rear fenders and running boards for 1932 131" single wheel Express Body
bud valerius

Post by bud valerius »

Check to see if they used the same fenders as the 31 195A , I have two NOS right rear & a set of early take offs .I would concider selling one of the NOS right rears . I will need the set for my 197A . I still need the left running board for my 195A that has dual wheels Bud Valerius
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

spdway1 wrote:SOLD $27,500* :roll:
*Price Includes Buyers Commission

Here is the Link:
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/applicat ... =424&pop=0
Congratulations to the seller and buyer, Nice looking truck!
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Bladehorse
Body Type: 185-A

Post by Bladehorse »

umm firt pic, I noticed right off I can see through the hood louvers! OOPS! The hood sides are I hope swapped, or possibly the same on both sides. Does have what looks to be a great paint job! In the second pic, no fault of his own, but he has the 'A' headight conduits, instead of the cloth loom. ANd I have no Idea why anyone would run a tillotsen carb unless they have no other choice.(Personal pref for the zenith) All that being said, I wish mine looked 1/8th as bad as this one!! Being the frame is sitting on top of a garbage can cart :P
Bladehorse
Body Type: 185-A

Post by Bladehorse »

I like the stock painted front bumper too. I lucked out and got a NOS one at Turlock so I didn't have to blast the cheap chrome off the one I had. These bumpers are definately tough, as I bounced mine off a steel gaurdrail, and the bumper was not affected at all. (The gaurdrail was another story....)