1931 AA Stake 157wb

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
modeleh
Model Year: 1930

1931 AA Stake 157wb

Post by modeleh »

I have reluctantly decided to put my AA up for sale and focus my efforts on my small business and self employment. I bought this truck about 4 years ago from western Washington and it was originally used around the Everett area.
The truck is an indented firewall late 31, but has the fabric top. Front tires are excellent, rears are decent, but fairly old. The engine has a B crank and camshaft and a Brumfield high compression head. It has the high speed 5.14 rearend. It runs and drives, but has a driveline vibration that needs to be sorted. No rust through, but has had cowl repair before I got it. Body and paint quality is what I would call a 10 footer, probably a rustoleum job, but I have enjoyed using this truck for getting building supplies and firewood, so it has been a stress free vehicle to own in that regard. It looks presentable and gets compliments and attention, and is overall, a decent old AA that is ready to be enjoyed, however it will require mechanical work. I'm not sure if the problem is in the engine, trans, or universals, but anyone considering purchasing this truck would have to keep in mind that those areas may need money thrown at them. I have a spare transmission and several engines and my plan was to rebuild the spares and install in the truck, so I knew exactly what I was dealing with. Interior is in good shape, has reproduction door panels and seat upholstery in the correct grain.
Truck is on Vancouver Island, which is a ferry ride from Vancouver BC.
Asking $7000
Ph (250) 245-3272

Drew Mashburn

Re: 1931 AA Stake 157wb

Post by Drew Mashburn »

modeleh:

I was just in Vancouver four days ago. Spent a couple of nights there. I wish I had known you're truck was for sale. I would have come by to see it. Seems like a reasonable price to me.

Good Luck with your sale!
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
modeleh

Post by modeleh »

Drew, It's too bad your visit up here was during the miserable rain. Although not nearly as nice a place to live as California IMO, there are a few months each year when the weather here isn't too bad and BC can display its true beauty.
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

modeleh:

Yeh, I understand you folks had something like 80-plus days of no rain right before my family and I visited Vancouver. No worries! We're diehard Southern Californians that don't let anything, like a few raindrops, stop us. We brought raingear and just charged it! Vancouver and the surrounding area was beautiful, even in the rain. Hope to visit again in the not too distant future.

Take care,
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
Farrell In Vancouver
Body Type: Deck
Model Year: 1931

Post by Farrell In Vancouver »

Oh Crap!
I wish I'd known you were gonna sell last year..................
Now I am neck/wallet deep in a restoration! Still I mustt tell you, I have admired your truck in past posts and really like the fact you USE IT! Loved the snaps of you hauling lumber for the new shed.
You have a nice truck Modeleh.........if its paid for why now just hang on to it until time lets you play with it once again? :)
modeleh

Post by modeleh »

I hadn't really considered selling it until lately, but since I built the shed for it, I haven't had it out much. I have several other old vehicles, all of which require insurance and maintenance, plus the daily drivers and the truck for my business. Needless to say, like any self respecting car guy, a big portion of the household income goes to automobile related expenses, and as the old saying goes, you can only drive one at a time. There is a restored Model A roadster in the family and a friend close by with more old cars than he can handle, so I am fortunate to have no shortage of toys to play with. This is simply a situation of too many and not enough time to give everything the attention it deserves.
Brady
Body Type: None

Post by Brady »

How much for de leetle dawg ?....
TomH
Body Type: pickup
Model Year: 1928

Post by TomH »

Don't mess with Edsel.
Last edited by TomH on October 26th, 2012, 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need rear fenders and running boards for 1932 131" single wheel Express Body
modeleh

Post by modeleh »

We got Waylon "free to a good home". (Henry is our senior hound) Waylon gets car sick, so he travels best in the back of a truck that can be hosed down. One of his talents is that he watches through the glass of the woodstove and will bark when the flames die down and needs more wood.
TomH
Body Type: pickup
Model Year: 1928

Post by TomH »

Sorry, my mistake
Need rear fenders and running boards for 1932 131" single wheel Express Body
modeleh

Post by modeleh »

Just an update for those who like to watch selling prices. I just sold the truck for $6500. Kind of hard to let it go, but I just can't look after all of them, and it has been doing alot more sitting than using. The buyer is going to use it for a merchandise display inside his liquor store in Mill Bay, BC. I will post some pictures of it in a few months when it is in it's new home.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

modeleh wrote:Just an update for those who like to watch selling prices. I just sold the truck for $6500. Kind of hard to let it go, but I just can't look after all of them, and it has been doing alot more sitting than using. The buyer is going to use it for a merchandise display inside his liquor store in Mill Bay, BC. I will post some pictures of it in a few months when it is in it's new home.
THAT is the best way to preserve a vehicle like yours. They make great display cases, and are usually well cared for.
I sold my 1979 VW Camper to a Bicycle shop, and now it has bikes on all four sides and the top!
Last edited by spectria on March 15th, 2013, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

modeleh:

I seriously toyed with the idea of buying your truck, but I'm really happy that it's staying in B.C. Is it a Canadian-built truck? If so, that's even better!

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
modeleh

Post by modeleh »

I actually took it out of western Washington where it had been since new. I think I will keep the original 1931 Everett Wa plate that came with it, maybe pass it on to a fellow AAer from Washington. The guy was really excited to see my collection of Lucky Lager posters which feature logging scenes from the early days, I guess they are trying for a vintage theme inside their beer store. I gave him some doubles of the posters I had and he asked if he could borrow my collection so he could have them reproduced. No money has changed hands yet, I said don't worry about it, it will be a gentleman's agreement until he comes to pick it up. So, if everything goes well, it will be about the easiest sale of any vehicle I have sold yet. He had a partner with him who brought his measuring tape, they measured the length and width, we talked turkey, and that was about it. He didn't want to hear it run or ask anything about the mechanicals. Should be a good retirement life for the old truck though.
Farrell In Vancouver
Body Type: Deck

Post by Farrell In Vancouver »

Next time I am over on the Island I am cruizing to Mill Bay for booze!
I hopefully will be thumpin my AA up the road by then. Man I still wish I had waited then bought yours instead of the three trucks it to to make one. Oh well.
Best to you modeleh, :P and don't forget to post pix of it in it's new home!