AA crank and tire tool (lug wrench)

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
brewzer
Body Type: flatbed
Model Year: 1930

AA crank and tire tool (lug wrench)

Post by brewzer »

crnk - tir tol.JPG
crnk - tir tol.JPG (261.82 KiB) Viewed 8025 times
As seen in picture. $100 for both
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Re: AA crank and tire tool (lug wrench)

Post by Chris Haynes »

Owning or building an AA used to be cheap.
towtruck
Body Type: service car

Post by towtruck »

WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF THE LUG WRENCH
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Chris:

I agree with you. Just refuse to pay the higher prices. I find that there are a lot of AA enthusiasts around that are still reasonable with their asking prices. And, there is still a ton of AA stuff out there. AA parts, tools, etc. are not rare commodities. Sometimes, it just takes a while to find what you need at a reasonable price. Don't let the money-hungry types take your hard earned bucks.

-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
brewzer

Post by brewzer »

For Towtruck the length of the wrench is 10 5/8 inches. I have one 14 7/8 also. Not sure which one is correct.
For Chris and Drew -Nobody is twisting your arm to buy my parts. If you want a cheap hobby take up bird watching. That wrench came out of a AA I parted out 25 years ago. I drove there, loaded the truck. drove home and probablly spent a dozen hours taking it apart. I have collected parts for over 30 years and only seen 2 AAcranks. It costs more in gas today to drive to a swap meet than I am asking for the wrench. I personally take offense to yuor comments. My mother taught me that if you can not say somthing nice, don't say anything at all. -Wally
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

brewzer,
Please email (see below) a picture of the 14-7/8" long wrench you mentioned so I can compare it to the Ford engineering drawing. Also, please include a price for the wrench. If its condition is like the above wrench and it looks like the drawing I have, then I will take it.
Last edited by Neil Wilson on October 28th, 2012, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Neil Wilson
TomH
Body Type: pickup
Model Year: 1928

Post by TomH »

It's like Deja Vu all over again
Need rear fenders and running boards for 1932 131" single wheel Express Body
Drew Mashburn

Post by Drew Mashburn »

Wally:

I didn't mean to offend you, I just stated my entitled to opinion. I've been in the A and AA hobby for approximately 50 years. I've formed my opinions and will stick with them when I think I'm correct. If I'm proven to be incorrect, I'm more than happy to appologize. Stick with your price, if you believe you're correct. You're entitled to your opinion. Opinions are partially how others form their opinions. Not speaking up is dead-air which doesn't assist others.

Take care,
-- Drew
Drew Mashburn
rollingsculpture
Body Type: platform
Model Year: 1931

Post by rollingsculpture »

hey was just wondering , brewzer whats special about the crank that makes it a AA crank? i have 2 that look like yours .
brewzer

Post by brewzer »

The car cranks have a lugnut wrench on the handle end. The early truck cranks also have a lug nut wrench on the handle end. This crank does not. -Wally
modeleh

Post by modeleh »

I have 2 also. Didn't realize they were hard to find. Who knows, some of might junk might be worth something. :lol:
towtruck
Body Type: service car

Post by towtruck »

THE CRANK PINS ARE IN LINE. LOOKING FOR A 12 INCH LUG WRENCH.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A

Post by Chris Haynes »

brewzer wrote:For Towtruck the length of the wrench is 10 5/8 inches. I have one 14 7/8 also. Not sure which one is correct.
For Chris and Drew -Nobody is twisting your arm to buy my parts. If you want a cheap hobby take up bird watching. That wrench came out of a AA I parted out 25 years ago. I drove there, loaded the truck. drove home and probablly spent a dozen hours taking it apart. I have collected parts for over 30 years and only seen 2 AAcranks. It costs more in gas today to drive to a swap meet than I am asking for the wrench. I personally take offense to yuor comments. My mother taught me that if you can not say somthing nice, don't say anything at all. -Wally
I was just fooling when I said "used to be". They still are. I bought my "Correct" lug wrench for 10 bucks and paid 15 bucks for my crank. Both within the last year. As you have had yours for 25 years you have signifiantly less in yours. Your vehicle ust get terrible mileage if it costs you 100 bucks to drive to a swap meet. ;-)
rsierk
Body Type: 185-B
Model Year: 1931

Post by rsierk »

The cranks seem to be fairly easy to find. The hard part for me to find is the correct lug wrench bar, which could have been used for a lot of things, and obviously easily separated from the wrench itself as the years went by. My wrench is 15 inches long.