really its not a dumb question

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
carnut14
Body Type: don't know
Model Year: 1929

really its not a dumb question

Post by carnut14 »

I plan on taking the entire bed off the frame while the cab is in the body shop.
so I need to make some sort of structure to hold the bed.
Question, what does a 99 inch bed weigh? please specify with or without the wood.
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Re: really its not a dumb question

Post by 1crosscut »

I just stripped the wood off mine a couple of weeks ago and pulled it off. While I don't know how much it weighs without the wood two good size people can fairly comfortably pick up and carry it. 4 of the good quality metal folding saw horses that you can get at the hardware store will handle it just fine. No need to build something special and super duty for it.
Dave
------------
Dave
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Post by 1crosscut »

I had planned on putting mine on sawhorses outside my shop to work on it for a while now. Had the saw horses set up for about a week and finally was able to draft the help of my two teenage sons before soccer practice tonight and got it set out. Absolutely no problem with the weight.
Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (403.75 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
------------
Dave
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

thier not too bad, 3 of us lifted the bed with partial top boards and the bottom boards still attached. Carried it maybe 75 feet without too much of a problem. with no wood their much lighter