4 sale Spring perches, Shackles, King pin bolts

Here you can put your AA parts for sale, and wanted posts.
Brian T
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1929

4 sale Spring perches, Shackles, King pin bolts

Post by Brian T »

I am currently replacing my front axle due to a badly worn king pin hole on the right side and alignment problems on the left, with one that I have rebuilt with replacement spindles, new pins and bushings, correct spring perches, and steering arms.
At sometime in her life she had taken a good whack on the left side wheel, I believe an A axle was used as replacement as it had the wrong perches.
I have a few parts that I have removed that are very usable, the 2 perches have good threads, I have installed new bushings which will need minor reaming and the shackles are US made Bulldog brand, the 2 king pins have no measurable wear.
I would take $50 for the perches and shackles, $20 for the king pins plus shipping USPS, also I have the one spindle that is in good condition, E=mail me on that.
Thanks for looking, Brian T.
Attachments
KING PIN BOLTS.JPG
KING PIN BOLTS.JPG (91.81 KiB) Viewed 4915 times
PERCHES AND SHACKLES.JPG
PERCHES AND SHACKLES.JPG (91.7 KiB) Viewed 4915 times
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Re: 4 sale Spring perches, Shackles, King pin bolts

Post by spectria »

Brian,
Are these A axle springs perches?
The AA ones are bigger and didn't come with the shock ball?
I can't seem to get this straight.
My 3 AA's all are mid 30 to late 31, and I want to mount shocks on them.
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Post by 1crosscut »

Spectra,
I'm pretty sure that front shocks were standard on the AA's. At least the 28's and 29's. I have not personally seen any 30's or 31's but the early styles that I have seen all have the shock ball. The shock arms from the dog bone link to the shocks themselves are different as they are slightly longer than the ones for A's.
Dave
------------
Dave
elfox
Body Type: 88-A

Post by elfox »

I am not sure if the AA perches are heavier duty, but the ball sits higher on the AA perch than the A's perches did. I know this picture doesn't show it very well, but notice how the ball is not in line with the top of the perch, it is higher, almost at the same height as the hole where the front brake shaft connects to the perch.

Elfox
Dave
Port Orchard, WA
Brian T

Post by Brian T »

The 28-29 AA came with front shocks, most were not replaced but occasionally you will see some still attached, they will not work on the 30-31 with the wider spring, the shock ball sits higher due to increase in truck height, here is a pic from Neil Wilson showing the difference.
Attachments
AA PERCHES 28-29.jpg
AA PERCHES 28-29.jpg (58.35 KiB) Viewed 4851 times
Nothing can be made fool proof, fools are ingenious bastards.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox

Post by Stakebed »

elfox wrote:I am not sure if the AA perches are heavier duty, but the ball sits higher on the AA perch than the A's perches did. I know this picture doesn't show it very well, but notice how the ball is not in line with the top of the perch, it is higher, almost at the same height as the hole where the front brake shaft connects to the perch.

Elfox
wowza those shackles look like they need replaced asap!

ive heard that AA's really dont need the front shocks anyways
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

Brian T wrote:The 28-29 AA came with front shocks, most were not replaced but occasionally you will see some still attached, they will not work on the 30-31 with the wider spring, the shock ball sits higher due to increase in truck height, here is a pic from Neil Wilson showing the difference.
What I didn't make clear is will the Early AA Perch with Sock ball work on late AA's?
I heard the diameter of the perch shaft was larger from early AA to late AA...
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
BrianT

Post by BrianT »

Brian T wrote:I am currently replacing my front axle due to a badly worn king pin hole on the right side and alignment problems on the left, with one that I have rebuilt with replacement spindles, new pins and bushings, correct spring perches, and steering arms.
At sometime in her life she had taken a good whack on the left side wheel, I believe an A axle was used as replacement as it had the wrong perches.
I have a few parts that I have removed that are very usable, the 2 perches have good threads, I have installed new bushings which will need minor reaming and the shackles are US made Bulldog brand, the 2 king pins have no measurable wear.
I would take $50 for the perches and shackles, $20 for the king pins plus shipping USPS, also I have the one spindle that is in good condition, E=mail me on that.
Thanks for looking, Brian T.
PARTS SOLD -PENDING PAYMENT.