A new guy and my intro

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Tiny
Model Year: 1930

A new guy and my intro

Post by Tiny »

Good Morning,
I thought I would introduce myself. I've been lurking on this board for a few years but finally decided it was time to join. I do not own a AA as of yet but I am actively searching. I am a Model A owner though and a member of the Rambling A's MAFCA chapter out of Redding CA. I have a 31 Deluxe coupe that was restored in the late 60's. I got into Model A's as a child due to my father having one. He has a 31 Vicky and a 31 Budd cab wide bed. Both of his cars are high end jewels, my coupe not so much, I think this makes the coupe more fun to drive honestly.
Now for the AA part of the story. Since I was a kid I have always been drawn to the AA's. Nothing beats the look of a well aged truck still being used like a truck! I'm looking for an early 30 to late 31 131" wheel base dual rear tire truck that can be enjoyed and driven while being made mechanically sound. This is how my coupe was when I brought it home. I've built several ground up complete projects over the years and not looking for another right now.
So if anyone has any leads in Northern California, Oregon, Nevada I'm all ears.

My Coupe:
Dads Vicky:
Thanks for taking the time to look at this intro.
I've read up to page 40 of the board :D I'm trying to up my background knowledge before I buy one.
RustydoubleA
Body Type: express

Re: A new guy and my intro

Post by RustydoubleA »

Hi, with those tires and no rumble you are closet AA! Steve
JPB
Body Type: none, stakeside wtd
Model Year: 1929

Post by JPB »

I was a new father and beginning employee when I got transferred away from Redding in - I think - May of '68. I didn't think I could take my 30/31 coupe with me so I sold it there for not much. It was a behind-the-barn find with a cargo bed of old wood in place of a rumble seat and I don't remember what trim level it was. Had V-8 wheels all around. I put some ignition parts in it painted it with a brush and used it as a commute car. You don't suppose . . . . . ? Naw . . . . that would be too much of a coincidence.
JPB
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed
Model Year: 1931

Post by spectria »

Tiny wrote:Good Morning,
I thought I would introduce myself. I've been lurking on this board for a few years but finally decided it was time to join. I do not own a AA as of yet but I am actively searching. I am a Model A owner though and a member of the Rambling A's MAFCA chapter out of Redding CA. I have a 31 Deluxe coupe that was restored in the late 60's. I got into Model A's as a child due to my father having one. He has a 31 Vicky and a 31 Budd cab wide bed. Both of his cars are high end jewels, my coupe not so much, I think this makes the coupe more fun to drive honestly.
Now for the AA part of the story. Since I was a kid I have always been drawn to the AA's. Nothing beats the look of a well aged truck still being used like a truck! I'm looking for an early 30 to late 31 131" wheel base dual rear tire truck that can be enjoyed and driven while being made mechanically sound. This is how my coupe was when I brought it home. I've built several ground up complete projects over the years and not looking for another right now.
So if anyone has any leads in Northern California, Oregon, Nevada I'm all ears.
Thanks for taking the time to look at this intro.
I've read up to page 40 of the board :D I'm trying to up my background knowledge before I buy one.
Welcome to the Forum!
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I never thought of my coupe as a AA, but I see it now :D
JPB I don't think its your old car, according to some sales paper work I've read online, it was sold in Merced new. I bought it from a little old lady in Modesto. Her husband got it in the late 60's locally from what I can tell from old registrations.
I've found an early 28 AA in a barn locally. I've talked to the owners son. It was parked 25 years ago. The son would like to get rid of it but dad doesn't. I'll keep checking in with them, maybe I can give it a good home.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

Tiny wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I never thought of my coupe as a AA, but I see it now :D
JPB I don't think its your old car, according to some sales paper work I've read online, it was sold in Merced new. I bought it from a little old lady in Modesto. Her husband got it in the late 60's locally from what I can tell from old registrations.
I've found an early 28 AA in a barn locally. I've talked to the owners son. It was parked 25 years ago. The son would like to get rid of it but dad doesn't. I'll keep checking in with them, maybe I can give it a good home.
maybe if you go to thier house in your model a and talk with them they may see it will go to a good home :wink:
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

That's what I did. I'll keep showing up from time to time in my coupe. The truck is very visible from the road. He said loads of people have stopped over the years but I was the first to stop in an A. Hopefully he will realize that I would be a good caretaker of his grandfathers truck. It just makes me sad to see it rotting into the ground getting no love or attention. I was looking at this one http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/v ... vertTo=USD but I just see too much wrong with it to justify the price its up too. I see rot in the funky roof, rot in the cowl, mismatched rear tires, sketchy wiring and according to the VIN and rear dual wheels its a 30 but its titled as a 28. What do you guys think?
JEFF I
Body Type: Dump & Flatbed

Post by JEFF I »

I have a 1931 unrestored AA for sale on craigslist Seattle.
spectria
Body Type: Mail Truck, Stakebed

Post by spectria »

JEFF I wrote:I have a 1931 unrestored AA for sale on craigslist Seattle.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4890463400.html
Dave in Quincy, Ca. I love Pics!!!! Post them All!!! :)
Join the Ford Model AA Truck Club - membership form at http://www.fmaatc.org
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

That's a great truck for the money, just a bit too far away.