Seat Belts

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
captain marty
Body Type: firetruck
Model Year: 1928

Seat Belts

Post by captain marty »

I want to install seat belts in my truck. All I've found do not have Ford logo on the buckel. Anybody know where I might find any with Ford on them?
Marty
Farrell In Vancouver
Body Type: Deck
Model Year: 1931

Re: Seat Belts

Post by Farrell In Vancouver »

I don't think FOMOCO would license that item in aftermarket. Try going to the wrecking yard and pull them out of a wrecked mustang. (Lots of them)
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Re: Seat Belts

Post by Stakebed »

yea just about anything from the 80-90's has a ford logo in it.

BUT pick a good set, DONT get a set from any of the following:

Rollovers
any accident of any kind
dont get from a car with broken windows (aka rain gets inside)
if the color is severely faded from them

^^^ any single one issue or combination of said issues the belt is no longer useful in an accident and will most likely break on you. and of course click it in place and pull as hard as you can on it to ensure the buckle fits in the receiver end of it and it actually latches - had a gmc jimmy one of the rear seatbelts would click into place and a light tug it would stay but if force was applied to the belt it would spring out haha.

many many cars have just a lap belt for the center rear seat and is hardly ever used and plenty adjustable so id look for them. plus any car from the 80-90's you still get a huge variety of colors.