Drip Drip

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Drip Drip

Post by KimVanOrder »

So. Today my 28 carb started dripping gas again. I set the fuel level and cleaned and set all the jets last winter. All has been working great for the last few months, now a drip has started. I has the original valve and seat that looked good and worked fine till now. Have any of you had experience with the 'Viton' tip version? yea or nea?
Last edited by KimVanOrder on May 26th, 2016, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
captain marty
Body Type: firetruck

Re: Drip Drip

Post by captain marty »

Sure sounds like the float is set too high. It is easy to remove and take apart and check. You may need to rebuild using new parts.
Marty
1955cj-5
Body Type: ccpu
Model Year: 1929

Post by 1955cj-5 »

Is your fuel valve shutting off completely?

When I first got my ccpu the tank valve let just a drop or two get by when closed but overnight it was enough to fill the carb bowl and leak onto the floor....
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform

Post by KimVanOrder »

1955cj-5 wrote:Is your fuel valve shutting off completely?

When I first got my ccpu the tank valve let just a drop or two get by when closed but overnight it was enough to fill the carb bowl and leak onto the floor....

Yup. Shuts off fine. Smells 'gassy' when runnig down the road. Shut it off and shut valve off and all is ok. I let it idle in he drive and gas driped. tapped on carb with small hammer and it quit. Sticky float valve I think. We'll see how it dose in the parade monday.. If you read about it going up in flames you'll know who it was!!!!!! :shock:
KVO
Dec. '28 AA