Modesto A's Turlock, CA Swap Meet Jan 28/29.

Discussion forum for AA related activities, weekend outings, AA stories etc.
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Modesto A's Turlock, CA Swap Meet Jan 28/29.

Post by Chris Haynes »

Turlock is by far the best swap meet in CA.
http://www.turlockswapmeet.com/
1wonton
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1929

Re: Modesto A's Turlock, CA Swap Meet Jan 28/29.

Post by 1wonton »

The Turlock swap meet is a waste of time unless you're looking for some Chinese junk and like rubbing shoulders with a bunch of tourists and women pushing baby buggys. Virtually nothing pre-war.
Chris Haynes
Model Year: 1930

Post by Chris Haynes »

1wonton wrote:The Turlock swap meet is a waste of time unless you're looking for some Chinese junk and like rubbing shoulders with a bunch of tourists and women pushing baby buggys. Virtually nothing pre-war.
I find lots and lots of pre-war stuff at Turlock. They are still dragging in stuff from the farmland. Of course if you sleep in and come after a hearty breakfast you aren't going to find anything.
1wonton
Body Type: Express

Post by 1wonton »

All the good stuff goes the night before when the swappers trade it back and forth. I've been going for forty years but now no use to get up at three am, drive two-hundred miles and spend five dollars on a hotdog. Depends on what you're looking for and why. Pre-war is non-existant (almost) and everything of interest will be gone the night before. Doesn't seem fair to the average guy but the pros have it pretty much to themselves. Some little model a ford but zero chevy pre '36. After 9 am it's just too crowded (unless it's freezing rain) to either get close to anything or it's already gone. If you just want to have a good breakfast then spend the day strolling around watching people then it's ok. Me, I'm sleeping in.
fdohnke

Post by fdohnke »

Sadly, the stuff we have found the last few years is guys trying to get out of the hobby, selling off collections. Found some deals, mostly meet people and BS about cars, also walk 12 miles and spend time with my Dad. Its tradition now, have to go.
fdohnke

Post by fdohnke »

Still waiting to find that mythical 28/29 AA right rear fender (and not have to pay $900 for it)! Maybe this year... :roll: