ccpu seat hooks??

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

ccpu seat hooks??

Post by birdacre »

the tabs that go on back wall of cab for rear seat attachment. does the bend go up or down? either way they don't do much? the bottom of the back seat has two slots that receive the pointed tabs that are hooked to the wood slats. any ideas on the top attachment? are the hooks supposed to hook to the springs OR is there supposed to be a slot in the fabric on top too?? any help appreciated.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: ccpu seat hooks??

Post by Neil Wilson »

birdacre wrote:the tabs that go on back wall of cab for rear seat attachment. does the bend go up or down? either way they don't do much? the bottom of the back seat has two slots that receive the pointed tabs that are hooked to the wood slats. any ideas on the top attachment? are the hooks supposed to hook to the springs OR is there supposed to be a slot in the fabric on top too?? any help appreciated.
FYI "ccpu" does not identify which cab you are talking about. Closed cab seat back retainers are detailed on page E-62 (with pictures) of the RGJS revision 4. All closed cab seat backs were installed as not-removable.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by birdacre »

my cab is a 28. just wondering if they are curved up or down? wondering what they are designed to hook to. i should order a revision set of standards. thanks for your ideas, kevin
macswoods
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by macswoods »

Here you can see the top ones, and lower left the ones on the boards point up.
Attachments
82a-42.jpg
82a-42.jpg (57.81 KiB) Viewed 4866 times
birdacre

Post by birdacre »

those hooks are positioned just like mine. so... when you push the bottom on the pointed prongs how do the top tabs hold the seat in place? i tried pushing seat down and compressing it. this would let the tabs on top press against steel frame. it would end up cutting the fabric in time. does your seat have slits or slots where the tabs meet the seat. i know the bottom does for the pointed tabs to slide into the seat frame. hope i have not confused the hell out of you. thank you in advance, kevin
Hayslip
Model Year: 1930

Post by Hayslip »

Hayslip
macswoods
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by macswoods »

On mine I put 3 layers of shrink tubing on the upper brackets. Been there a couple years and hasn't poked the upholstery. I guess you could put a bit of folded fabric under the area that the top hooks hit. Worked for me, but mine is a driver/go truck not show, tho people like it. Just an Old Curmudgeon truck.(like me Ha!) Mac.... :P no mine doesn't have any slots
Attachments
avatar.jpg (44.18 KiB) Viewed 4845 times