What to do with that pesky passenger side taillight bracket

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

What to do with that pesky passenger side taillight bracket

Post by Stakebed »

28-E29 drum taillight has a non removable license plate bracket. I know you can cut the ears off but Im not one to cut parts if I can help it. So decided to just come up with a plan while still retaining the 1929 look.

Alot of states had weight tags on the big trucks issued by the state. IL had them but unsure what years and whatnot so browsing ebay I ran across a repainted 1950's Kansas weight tag - what I love about it it doesn't say Kansas anywhere and it was $9 shipped. I blasted it and had my mom repaint it the artist that she is in the 1929 IL license plate colors. Designed a plate in auto cad and had it waterjetted out of aluminum, sandblasted and painted it satin black. I think it turned out really nice even though the whole idea is fake. And it will be lighted at night.
Slotted screws and square nuts to boot!

Thought I would pass the idea along as I've seen many different sizes and styles of those weight tags and usually be had for less than $20...Another one of those things that 99% of the general public wont know haha
macswoods
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Re: What to do with that pesky passenger side taillight bracket

Post by macswoods »

nice idea.
birdacre
Body Type: AA express
Model Year: 1928

Post by birdacre »

that is very nice, is that an original fixture? do you know of any available? hope all is well. kevin
markt
Body Type: 188a
Model Year: 1928

Post by markt »

That looks awesome, great idea.