How to attach photos to AA-Fords

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
wild4679
Body Type: 82B
Model Year: 1931

How to attach photos to AA-Fords

Post by wild4679 »

Would someone coach me on how to attach a photo (or more than one) to a post to this AA-fords forum? I have Windows 10 on my computer and am not getting photo attachments to connect to my post. What are the steps?

Thanks for your help.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

AA-Fords - Maximum Photo Size and Number

Post by Neil Wilson »

wild4679 wrote:
August 30th, 2017, 5:19 am
Would someone coach me on how to attach a photo (or more than one) to a post to this AA-fords forum? I have Windows 10 on my computer and am not getting photo attachments to connect to my post. What are the steps? Thanks for your help.
I hope the following helps AA-Fords members. I could not find any information on this site which explains the maximum size or maximum number of photos allowed.

I did some testing of this AA-Fords site to determine the maximum size photo which can be attached. The maximum size I found to be 1021 KB. When I drag this size from my computer to the post, the photo size is listed as 1020.55 KiB

I found that a size of 1027 KB or larger is not valid. When trying to add a 1027 KB photograph the Error message "File too large: name of photo" is displayed. It would have been helpful for the message to show the maximum size.

In addition, I found that I could attach a maximum of three photos. If I try dragging a fourth photo from my computer to the post, nothing happens (not even a message). Below shows the maximum file size and number of photos allowed via my testing.

Changing a photograph to the maximum size or smaller is the responsibility of the poster and must be accomplished on their computer using what ever software applications they have available. I use the Photoshop application to resize photographs. The computer operating system (such as Windows 10) has nothing to do with this ability to resize photographs.
Attachments
Size-1021-KB.jpg
Size-1021-KB.jpg (1020.55 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Size-1021-KB.jpg
Size-1021-KB.jpg
Regards, Neil Wilson