Relocated fuel tank

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
KimVanOrder
Body Type: 82-A Platform
Model Year: 1928

Re: Relocated fuel tank

Post by KimVanOrder »

garagekulture13 wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 7:32 am
Geez does a Model AA need that many wires? I think you should have done this truck a service and just bought a 70s model Ford instead. I think your discussion would probably be more welcomed on The H.A.M.B.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
List of what the wires are for??
Tac, Amp, temp. gage,, Cruze control, Heated and cooled seats, Side blind spot warning, Rear facing camera, forward facing radar, XM radio, Anti crash protection system, Tire press. sensor, Air conditioning, Active noise control, ( that is a real thing). Oh! Radar detector, Cooled and heated cup holders, 110 V. inverter, Interior and exterior lighting, Mood lighting, Massage seat controls, Security system, GDO, Vanity visors.

I think you can justify all of what you have.. Oh! I forgot power door locks..
KVO
Dec. '28 AA
Cschaff63
Body Type: Dump

Post by Cschaff63 »

KimVanOrder wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 3:32 pm
garagekulture13 wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 7:32 am
Geez does a Model AA need that many wires? I think you should have done this truck a service and just bought a 70s model Ford instead. I think your discussion would probably be more welcomed on The H.A.M.B.

List of what the wires are for??
Tac, Amp, temp. gage,, Cruze control, Heated and cooled seats, Side blind spot warning, Rear facing camera, forward facing radar, XM radio, Anti crash protection system, Tire press. sensor, Air conditioning, Active noise control, ( that is a real thing). Oh! Radar detector, Cooled and heated cup holders, 110 V. inverter, Interior and exterior lighting, Mood lighting, Massage seat controls, Security system, GDO, Vanity visors.

I think you can justify all of what you have.. Oh! I forgot power door locks..
The wires are actually as follows:
Headlights, turn signals, water temp sensor, ammeter, ignition, starter, coil, panel lights, wipers, heater. So basically I don't have anything more than what I need to get the truck inspected in the State of PA. And drive in the rain and at night! My truck is not chopped up and hotrod died, so get off my case!
blgitn
Body Type: 275-A
Model Year: 1931

Post by blgitn »

Another chased away. No matter; there are tens and tens of guys working on AA Fords.
R/ Roger.
macswoods
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Post by macswoods »

Sorry about the other posts. It is YOUR TRUCK, just keep em on the road. I may not agree whole with you , but you do your thing. My truck is not totally correct and some tell me. I enjoy it every time I take it out on the road. Mac.....
markp213
Body Type: 82B

Post by markp213 »

Cschaff63 wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 4:30 pm
What is the glass jar and the large black pipe on the other side of the radiator hose for?
Cschaff63

Post by Cschaff63 »

markp213 wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 7:56 pm
Cschaff63 wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 4:30 pm
What is the glass jar and the large black pipe on the other side of the radiator hose for?
That jar thing is an oiler, I was introduced to that by an old time model A guy that drove his car as a daily driver. This keeps the upper end of the engine oiled. It runs marvel mystery oil in it. The tube is just an overflow tank to keep the antifreeze off the ground when it pukes!
markp213
Body Type: 82B

Post by markp213 »

Good idea about the overflow tank. That's interesting about the oil. Where will it be dripping into?
Cschaff63

Post by Cschaff63 »

markp213 wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 5:51 pm
Good idea about the overflow tank. That's interesting about the oil. Where will it be dripping into?
The oil canister has an adjustable vacuum injection system that is plumbed into the intake manifold. The mixture ratio is adjusted by a knob up at the jar. There are a lot of guys that tour their model a's that use this system .
Villelmds

Post by Villelmds »

Who cares what others say....it is YOUR truck and as I see it, it is better that it is out being driven and enjoyed instead of rusting away in a field or sitting in a storage shed.
Cschaff63

Post by Cschaff63 »

Villelmds wrote:
May 11th, 2019, 10:57 am
Who cares what others say....it is YOUR truck and as I see it, it is better that it is out being driven and enjoyed instead of rusting away in a field or sitting in a storage shed.
Thank you, that's how I feel. I love these old trucks and think what a shame that they are not out on the roads for people to enjoy. My truck will be at all the local lumberyard, quarries, brickyards picking up supplies for my business, so it has to be safe and reliable. This is not a parade truck or a museum piece, it is a working truck!
Chris Haynes
Body Type: 82A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Chris Haynes »

It had been doing all those things for the last 88 years without being butchered. You could have used you new gas tank without destroying a good one. Good gas tanks are hard to find. I have no beef about modifying things. As long you don't destroy anything in the process. My car has Juice brakes when I bought it. Nothing butchered. 16" 1935 wheels. Nothing butchered. '32 front axle with a Posey spring. Nothing butchered. Riley overhead. Nothing butchered. In the future with its next owner it could easily be restored. Jus sayin'.
garagekulture13

Post by garagekulture13 »

Ahhh geez not the old "it's your truck do what you want" or the "who cares what others think" logic. No one is disputing his right to do whatever it is he would like to do to his own truck. Take it off the frame and put it on an S10 frame. It's your prerogative.

Who cares what others think? Well, all of us on this forum. That's why we are here. To document, share, and run by others what we are into. We value the opinion of those on this forum and very often trust their advice.

The age old excuse "I'm making it more reliable and/or driver friendly" isn't the point. The point is a beautiful survivor that is over 80s old is being modified in way that makes it difficult to get back to it's original state in the attempts to reach the said goals. The truck in it's stock form can be driven daily and enjoyed as is.

Lastly when you come to a forum that obviously is geared towards stock Ford Model AAs of course your gonna get flake. Surely you can understand the sincerity of those who are upset at the sight of this truck being altered this way. I don't believe there is anything personal involved only concern of a fairly rare Model A (AA) losing its original quality.

Cschaff63

Post by Cschaff63 »

garagekulture13 wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 6:25 am
Ahhh geez not the old "it's your truck do what you want" or the "who cares what others think" logic. No one is disputing his right to do whatever it is he would like to do to his own truck. Take it off the frame and put it on an S10 frame. It's your prerogative.

Who cares what others think? Well, all of us on this forum. That's why we are here. To document, share, and run by others what we are into. We value the opinion of those on this forum and very often trust their advice.

The age old excuse "I'm making it more reliable and/or driver friendly" isn't the point. The point is a beautiful survivor that is over 80s old is being modified in way that makes it difficult to get back to it's original state in the attempts to reach the said goals. The truck in it's stock form can be driven daily and enjoyed as is.

Lastly when you come to a forum that obviously is geared towards stock Ford Model AAs of course your gonna get flake. Surely you can understand the sincerity of those who are upset at the sight of this truck being altered this way. I don't believe there is anything personal involved only concern of a fairly rare Model A (AA) losing its original quality.

As I look over the modifications of my truck that you refer to " butchering", I realize that everything that I have " butchered" is reversible. It really comes down the the fuel system and electrical system! Everything is a bolt on part including the fuel tank, which are a dime a dozen to find! I can buy a good fuel tank today for $150. I had not chopped or altered the cab, drive train,mechanical brakes , wheels . I have even gone to the point of repainting it the original factory color which I uncovered from under the windshield cross panel. So basically you guy want to criticize and blast me for modifying my fuel and electrical. I have stocked " all of the original parts on my shop shelf including the original wiring harness. I've done no more damage to the integrity of my truck than the guy that " butchered" his truck with juice brakes!
garagekulture13

Post by garagekulture13 »

I believe you quoted the wrong comment. The comment you quoted (which was mine) makes no mention of butchering or anything being irreversible.

Cschaff63

Post by Cschaff63 »

garagekulture13 wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 8:51 am
I believe you quoted the wrong comment. The comment you quoted (which was mine) makes no mention of butchering or anything being irreversible.

I stand corrected on the miss quote, but I do care what people think of me and my truck, that is the only reason I had stayed and tried to defend myself on this great forum, however, I no longer feel the desire to share any more concerning my truck, the locals go absolutely Gaga over my truck and that is inspiration enough for me to keep this icon on the road any way I can. Thank you to all who have given me words of encouragement. Enjoy your forum!