AA rear fenders

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
gad62
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1929

AA rear fenders

Post by gad62 »

I just bought a rough 29ish AA platform truck(less the platform) mainly for the rear fenders (rough but fixable) and long running boards and splash shields. These fenders have a splash plate/ brace plate on the rear of the fender that appears to have bolted to the bed or frame. I have read the platform and express fenders are the same but none of the pictures ive looked at have these shields/ braces.
Can i use these on the express ? I would think the extra bracing on the rear of these fenders would be a good thing.
Thanks, Greg
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Re: AA rear fenders

Post by Bob C »

Check out Neil's fender info at the link. https://aafords.com/aa-chassis/aa-16000-fenders/

Bob
gad62

Post by gad62 »

Thanks Bob, i have went over Neil's info several times, but i must be overlooking something or just not understanding....there is a triangular sheetmetal bracket or brace on the rear of the platform truck fenders that is not in any picture of AA rear fenders that i have found....i wanted to be sure i was not messing up something odd or rare before i used the fenders on my express.....thanks, Greg
Bob C
Body Type: Mail truck, Stake tr
Model Year: 1931

Post by Bob C »

Can you post a picture of the piece??

Bob
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Post by Neil Wilson »

gad62 wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 8:40 am
Thanks Bob, i have went over Neil's info several times, but i must be overlooking something or just not understanding....there is a triangular sheetmetal bracket or brace on the rear of the platform truck fenders that is not in any picture of AA rear fenders that i have found....i wanted to be sure i was not messing up something odd or rare before i used the fenders on my express.....thanks, Greg
Greg, without pictures, there is no way to know what you are describing.
Regards, Neil Wilson

Post by gad62 »

Thanks guys, i will try to get some pictures on here tonight after work
1crosscut
Body Type: 82-A

Post by 1crosscut »

Hope I'm wrong but you might have pickup fenders and not AA fenders.
------------
Dave
gad62

Post by gad62 »

Well chalk one up to stuidity i guess....after looking closer at the fenders it seems someone has at some point grafted sedan fenders onto the rear of these fenders, so that explains the sheet metal rear braces i couldnt figure out...sorry for not knowin better.....im pretty sure by the way they fit the bed and splash shields that they are aa fenders....thanks, Greg
Boomer
Body Type: 82-A Closed Cab

Post by Boomer »

So you have the rear fender spacers that fill the gap between the splash shield, fender and bed, or is this the roughly triangular area you are talking about?
https://aafords.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 451-q8.jpg
Drew N.

1929 AA Closed Cab

Skol Vikings!
gad62

Post by gad62 »

There was a triangular piece on the tail of the fender...after doing some studying i figured out that someone had grafted what i figure were the rear section of sedan fenders to the aa fenders...the fenders do bolt to the express bed so i know biggest part of them are right....thanks , Greg