Sun visor question

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
Jeff Brown
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Sun visor question

Post by Jeff Brown »

Hi all,
I am puzzled by the purpose of the two strips that are supposed to be riveted to the frame of the sun visor. They do not seem to serve any purpose that I can see - do I need them?? I could understand them being useful if they went outside the cover to help hold in place but that does not seem to be the case.
visor.JPG
visor.JPG (136.38 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
Thanks

Jeff
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A
Model Year: 1930

Re: Sun visor question

Post by Neil Wilson »

Jeff Brown wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 4:15 pm
Hi all,
I am puzzled by the purpose of the two strips that are supposed to be riveted to the frame of the sun visor. They do not seem to serve any purpose that I can see - do I need them?? I could understand them being useful if they went outside the cover to help hold in place but that does not seem to be the case.visor.Thanks Jeff
Those two strips go on the outside of the cover. They are located on the under side. I have never heard of the proposed split rivet fix. I have made replacements and welded them to the frame.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A
Model Year: 1929

Re: Sun visor question

Post by Jeff Brown »

Thanks Neil, didn't occur to me they were on the underside which is why I did not see them in any photos.

Many thanks, I will put them on!

Jeff