How much weight?

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
1wonton
Body Type: Express
Model Year: 1929

How much weight?

Post by 1wonton »

A few years ago I had a friend who used a '31 AA flatbed in his cement block plant. He would regularly load 15000 pounds and drive the blocks a few miles to delivery. The loaded bed sat squarely on the axles, the steering was a little squirrely and it took a couple blocks to start slowing down but the old gal would perform without fail. Has someone hauled more than this on a 1 1/2 Ford?
Farrell In Vancouver
Body Type: Deck
Model Year: 1931

Re: How much weight?

Post by Farrell In Vancouver »

Can't say I have been that heavy for sure, but I have had serious weight on it and it never had a problem with it.
I moved my father's collection of parts in three loads with my high racks installed and loaded engines, rear ends, springs, and transmissions and axles and well...you name it. Truck work a treat with no complaints.
I've had sheets of dry wall, lumber, and sacks of concrete and hauled it all about ten miles from the big box shop with no issues. Biggest hazard is the rubber necking idiots who need to pass that slow truck but jam on the binders when they see how old it is.