Radiator brace

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
David R.
Body Type: Chassis
Model Year: 1930

Radiator brace

Post by David R. »

My 1930 AA only has a radiator brace bracket on right (passenger) side. No holes or any sign that there ever was one on opposite side. The radiator has a bracket for two rods?
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Re: Radiator brace

Post by Neil Wilson »

David R. wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 9:43 am
My 1930 AA only has a radiator brace bracket on right (passenger) side. No holes or any sign that there ever was one on opposite side. The radiator has a bracket for two rods?
What about a picture? All gas tanks had two brackets.
Regards, Neil Wilson
Body Type: Chassis

Post by David R. »

My mistake. On closer inspection in better light I can see where someone has filled the bracket holes on the driver side, but why? Who knows.
Neil Wilson
Body Type: 82-A/89-A

Post by Neil Wilson »

David R. wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 6:09 pm
My mistake. On closer inspection in better light I can see where someone has filled the bracket holes on the driver side, but why? Who knows.
Those brackets are frequently pulled out of the panel. This normally resulted in a cracked panel. The panel would have to welded/ground back to solid metal, new holes drilled, and a new bracket installed. Vendors have special bolts with rivet-like heads and hex nuts with integrated star washers for installing a new bracket (looks original that way). I have not checked vendors for the bracket.
Regards, Neil Wilson