88-A Platform Bed Mounting

AA Ford Discussion Group relating to the repair and restoration of your AA Ford.
dlevy
Body Type: 82B
Model Year: 1931

88-A Platform Bed Mounting

Post by dlevy »

Hi,

Can anyone please verify the distance between the edges of the plates (AA-88066 & AA-88062) on the 88-A platform bed.

Thanks,
Dave
Attachments
Slide1.JPG
IMG_7101.jpg
IMG_7100.jpg
dlevy

Re: 88-A Platform Bed Mounting

Post by dlevy »

Hi All,

Would someone be kind enough to get this measurement off of their original 88-A frame for me please.

Thanks,
Dave
Stakebed
Body Type: Grainbox
Model Year: 1929

Post by Stakebed »

Hmm I have my original boards that would show screw positions i can get you on Saturday. (already removed plates and wood is very weathered but screw holes will be present and obvious) mine would be on a march 29 platform setup.

If you wanna eyeball it it looks like the front edge is lined up pretty much with that hole in the side of the frame according to Neils drawing.
dlevy

Post by dlevy »

Hi Stakebed,

I would appreciate it if you could get me a measurement as accurate as possible (even using the screw holes as reference points).

I would prefer not to eyeball it.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Stakebed

Post by Stakebed »

Got it - ill get some measurements tommorow.
Stakebed

Post by Stakebed »

alright im gonna try to be clear:

when i say front hole i refer to the screw hole closest to the engine - rear hole is closest to taillight.

the front hole of your plate in question is 12" to the center of the rear hole of the nearest plate as you go towards the front. - in otherwords your diagram with your red dimension in question is 12" except i went nearest screw hole to nearest screw hole NOT edge to edge of plate like you specifically asked (i already removed my plates and stashed away in the shed)

the rear hole of your plate in question is 5 1/8" to the center of the front hole of the nearest plate as you go towards the rear.

I hope this is clear as mud haha if its not i can draw up a crude diagram.
dlevy

Post by dlevy »

That's great!

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your taking the time to get this info to me.

Regards,
Dave
Stakebed

Post by Stakebed »

glad i could help - i really wonder how precise they originally put them or if there was some kinda jig to drill the pilot holes for the screws.

i got some of the other measurements of its nearby plates so measure before you go drilling int your board. hopefully it fits close enough.